Following a comprehensive 4-week expanded role training course, the nurse working for Solutions Nursing will carry out replacements in various communities in the Far North of Quebec.
Their main tasks are:
- Evaluate patients completely according to the systematic SOAP approach, with or without a doctor on site
- Promote health and disease prevention during community health monitoring
- Provide 24/7 emergency care at all levels
- Use specific assessment methods and techniques for the expanded role learned during the training
- Make a difference with First Nations and Inuit communities
What we offer:
- Free and paid 4-week expanded role training course
- Great flexibility in the choice of replacements
- Competitive overall compensation and several bonuses
- Transport and accommodation provided
- Temporary and permanent positions
- Group insurance for permanent positions
- Possibility of joining an RRSP
- Employee assistance program
- 24/7 personalized support and availability
- Bachelor’s degree in nursing sciences (College diploma can be considered depending on experience)
- Valid OIIQ permit
- 2 to 3-year experience in an active department (eg: emergency, intensive care, pediatrics, obstetrics, float team etc.)
- Availability to travel for 4 to 8 weeks at the time.
- Good clinical judgment
- Functional English
Working in an expanded role with Solutions Nursing, specialists of the North, is a life-changing experience, a career boost, and the opportunity to provide quality care in communities of the Far North.