Following a comprehensive 4-week expanded role training course, the nurse working for Solutions Nursing will carry out replacements in various communities in the Far North of Quebec.
Solutions Nursing is looking for clinician nurses to improve the quality of health care services in the remote regions of Quebec. For over 15 years now, Solutions Nursing recruits, trains, and sends qualified staff in isolated regions. Following a four-week training in the extended role, nurses working for Solutions Nursing will be able to go on replacements in a variety of communities in the far north of Quebec.
By joining our team as a nurse in the extended role, you will have the following responsibilities:
- Do a complete evaluation of patients of all ages according to SOAP notes as learned during the training in the extended role
- Use the evaluation tools specific to the extended role in order to be able to safely evaluate the patient with or without a doctor being present
- Follow the various protocols and correctly use the therapeutic guides, all while respecting the First Nation and Inuit culture
- Promote health and disease prevention
- Correctly implement the guidelines for the various community and public health programs (chronic disease follow-up, prenatal and postnatal follow-ups, children follow-up, vaccination, home care, ITSS, tuberculosis, Covid, school health…)
- Being on call 24/7 for emergency response on all front (adults, pediatric, obstetric, and geriatric)
Why nurses chose Solutions Nursing
- Great flexibility
- Employee assistance program
- Customized support 24/7 and availability
Most nurses who have worked in the Far North come back transformed. The benefit the north has to offer cannot be found elsewhere.
Salary and advantages
- Compensated, four weeks long extended role training offered for free
- Competitive remuneration and various bonuses
- Transport and accommodation included
- Group insurance for permanent positions
- Possibility of adhering to an RRSP
To apply at Solutions Nursing, you must answer to the following criteria:
- Bachelor of Nursing (DEC or Certificate can be considered based on experience)
- Minimum of 3 years (4,890h) of experience on active departments to be eligible to our training in the extended role and access positions either in current services or in community health with on call periods (Current, Awash, Ushiniichisuu, Chayou, Homecare and vaccination)
- Member in good standing of the O.I.I.Q
- Available to leave 4 to 8 weeks at a time
- Good clinical judgment
Make real change in the lives of patients! Apply now.