The home care nurse provides nursing and follow-up care to patients of all ages with conditions facilitated by home care services.
The nurse working in homecare provides customized care to patients with impaired mobility. This position offers great insights into the culture since the nurse is in direct contact with the patient’s living environment and family.
By joining our team as a nurse in homecare, you will have the following responsibilities:
- Case management for the patients in the homecare program
- Ensure the continuity of cares given at home, and do follow up with the doctor when necessary
- Assume the palliative care and offer the needed support to end-of-life patients
- Work with the family to ensure the wellbeing of the patient at home
- Offer psychological support to the patient confined home
- Great flexibility
- Employee assistance program
- Customized support 24/7 and availability
Most nurses who have worked in the Far North come back transformed. The benefit the north has to offer cannot be found elsewhere.
Salary and advantages
- Compensated, four weeks long extended role training offered for free for posting requiring on call periods
- Competitive remuneration and various bonuses
- Transport and accommodation included
- Group insurance for permanent positions
- Possibility of adhering to an RRSP
To apply at Solutions Nursing, you must answer to the following criteria:
- Bachelor of Nursing (DEC or Certificate can be considered based on experience)
- Member in good standing of the O.I.I.Q
- 2 to 3 years of experience in an active department, 1 year of experience in homecare, CLCS or chronic diseases an asset
- Available to leave 4 to 8 weeks at a time
- Good clinical judgment
Make real change in the lives of patients! Apply now.