The home care nurse provides nursing and follow-up care to patients of all ages with conditions facilitated by home care services.
Their main tasks are:
- Ensure continuity of care and services at home
- Plan and administer the nursing care necessary for the clients of the home care program
- Plan and introduce care related to activities of daily and domestic life to patients
- Any other related task requested by the health organization
What we offer:
- Free and paid 4-week expanded role training course
- Great flexibility in the choice of replacements
- Competitive overall compensation and several bonuses
- Transport and accommodation provided
- Temporary and permanent positions
- Group insurance for permanent positions
- Possibility of joining an RRSP
- Employee assistance program
- 24/7 personalized support and availability
- Bachelor’s degree in nursing sciences (College diploma can be considered depending on experience)
- Valid OIIQ permit
- 2 to 3-year experience in an active department (eg: emergency, intensive care, pediatrics, obstetrics, float team etc.)
- 1 year of experience in home care, CLSC and or monitoring of chronic diseases (an asset)
- Availability to travel for 4 to 8 weeks at the time.
- Good clinical judgment
- Functional English
Working in an expanded role with Solutions Nursing, specialists of the North, is a life-changing experience, a career boost, and the opportunity to provide quality care in communities of the Far North.