The liaison nurse takes on different roles depending on the needs. First, the office liaison nurse is primarily responsible for making medical appointments for patients from other communities. As for the flight liaison nurse, they accompany patients on board the charter between Montreal and the various communities.
The nurse working in liaison assures the follow up between the northern Health Centres and the other health centres (Montréal, Val-d’Or, Chibougamau, Chisasibi) where Nordic patients have been transferred.
By joining our team as a nurse in liaison, you will have the following responsibilities:
- Ensure the follow up between the patient and the health care team where they were transferred
- >Managing the medical appointments for patients needing a consult or follow up with a specialist outside of their community
- Offer support and teaching to the patient and their family while the patient is out of the community for surgery, medical appointments, treatments, or specific medical exams
- Make sure everything is in order for the patient’s stay outside of their community. That is transport, accommodation for before and after the hospitalization, help with the appointments and required follow up
- Prepare the return of a transferred patient, including ensuring that everything is ready at the Nordic health centre for the arrival of the patient in its community.
- Great flexibility
- Employee assistance program
- Customized support 24/7 and availability
Most nurses who have worked in the Far North come back transformed. The benefit the north has to offer cannot be found elsewhere.
Salary and advantages
- Competitive remuneration and various bonuses
- Transport and accommodation included if needed (Val-d’Or, Chibougamau, Chisasibi)
- Group insurance for permanent positions
- Possibility of adhering to an RRSP
To apply at Solutions Nursing, you must answer to the following criteria:
- DEC in Nursing
- Member in good standing of the O.I.I.Q
- 2 years of experience as a nurse, including 1 year on Nordic territory
- Experience as a liaison nurse an asset
Make real change in the lives of patients! Apply now