The nurse in the care unit and Medevac is responsible for providing nursing care in various departments.
Their main tasks are:
- Perform nursing services such as: general medicine, minor surgery, intensive care, psychiatry, obstetrics, pediatrics etc.
- Support and accompany first responders, as well as ambulance and aeromedical staff when required
- Make an appointment for people requiring a trip to Montreal.
- Provide emergency care for Medevacs
- Carry out air medical evacuations from the villages to the hospital of the health center or to Montreal if necessary
- Any other related task requested by the health organization
What we offer:
- Great flexibility in the choice of replacements
- Competitive overall compensation and several bonuses
- Transport and accommodation provided
- Temporary and permanent positions
- Group insurance for permanent positions
- Possibility of joining an RRSP
- Employee assistance program
- 24/7 personalized support and availability
- College diploma in Nursing
- Valid OIIQ permit
- 2 to 3-year experience in an active department (ex: emergency, intensive care, pediatrics, obstetrics, float team etc.) is an asset
- Availability to travel for 4 to 8 weeks at the time.
- Good clinical judgment
- Functional English
Although the expanded role is very present in northern Quebec, we offer various positions that do not require an expanded role.