The nurse working in the patient care unit with Medevac delivers various care to hospitalized patients of all ages and performs air medical evacuations.
By joining our team as a nurse at the patient care unit and Medevac, you will have the following responsibilities:
- Perform nursing care on a unique department, gathering a variety of cases in medicine, geriatric, obstetric, pediatric and psychiatry, etc
- Proceed to do air medical evacuations with patients requiring urgent examination by a doctor and complementary care and evaluations. Those evacuation leave from the isolated Inuit communities to reach the Health Care Centre (Puvirnituq or Kuujjuaq) or Montreal when needed.
- The nurse will administrate alone the care for Medevacs of patients that are stable but could also assist a doctor or another health professional for more complex cases.
Why nurses chose Solutions Nursing
- Great flexibility
- Employee assistance program
- Customized support 24/7 and availability
Most nurses who have worked in the Far North come back transformed. The benefit the north has to offer cannot be found elsewhere.
Salary and advantages
- Competitive remuneration and various bonuses
- Transport and accommodation included
- Group insurance for permanent positions
- Possibility of adhering to an RRSP
- DEC in Nursing
- Member in good standing of the O.I.I.Q
- 2 years experience on an active department (ex. : emergency, intensive care, pediatrics, obstetrics, flying crew, etc.) is an asset
- Available to leave 4 to 8 weeks at a time
- Good clinical judgment
- Fluent in English
Make real change in the lives of patients! Apply now.